What should I do?
- Advice for common situations and updates to Surface Owner's Guide
- You probably can refuse (or maybe block) a horizontal well on your land
- West Virginia Surface Owners' Guide to Oil and Gas
- Erosion and Sediment Control Manual (that drillers must follow)
- Reporting Violations: Information on Filing a Complaint with the WV DEP Office of Oil & Gas or the EPA
- How a Gas Well Is Drilled Down Into the Ground, and What Can Go Wrong
- Why Multiple Horizontal Wells from centralized well pads should be used for the Marcellus Shale
- Well Spacing and Royalty Sharing (a.k.a. Pooling or Unitization or Lease Integration). What is it?
- Lawyers, experts and water testers for surface owners
- State Office of Oil and Gas
- Information on the Marcellus Shale
- More Helpful Links and How To Find Information On Particular Gas Wells
- Marcellus Shale Play well examples
- Photo slide show for drilling of small shallow well.
- Bad Examples!
- Surface Owner Stories
Mineral Owner Info
Advice and Updates
- West Virginia Surface Owners' Guide to Oil and Gas Summary and Updates
- Enacting Local City or County Ordinances
- Seismic and Geophysical
- Leasing / Amendments
- Partition Suits and Threats Thereof
- Gas Leaks
- Free Gas
- Buying Land
- Selling Land / Mineral Rights
- Abandoned wells
- Going on Land Where There is Drilling Activity
- Coal Bed Methane
Abandoned wells Coal bed methane DEP DNR Drilling waste Eminent domain EPA Fence-line monitoring Floodplains Fracking Green completion drilling Horizontal wells Land re-union Land use Leasing Legislation Marcellus shale Minerals-Royalties Noise Nuisance suits Oil and Gas Orphaned wells Partition suits Pipelines Pollution Pooling Reclamation fund Roads Rural industrialization Seismic testing Siltation Tax sales Water Well Spacing