- Gas well site timber damage appraisals
- Log and timber sales
- General forest management services
Advice and Updates
- West Virginia Surface Owners' Guide to Oil and Gas Summary and Updates
- Enacting Local City or County Ordinances
- Seismic and Geophysical
- Leasing / Amendments
- The Provisions Needed by Surface Owners In Surface Use Agreements
- Partition Suits and Threats Thereof
- Gas Leaks
- Free Gas
- Buying Land
- Selling Land / Mineral Rights
- Selling land / Surface Owners
- Getting to own the oil/gas/minerals under your surface land.
- Abandoned wells
- Going on Land Where There is Drilling Activity
- Coal Bed Methane
- Pads and other disturbance next door to you. What to do. Nuisance.
What should I do?
- Advice for common situations and updates to Surface Owner's Guide
- You can refuse or block a horizontal well on your land
- If there is a proposal to plug an oil or gas well on your land, what should you do?
- West Virginia Surface Owners' Guide to Oil and Gas
- Erosion and Sediment Control Manual (that drillers must follow)
- Reporting Violations: Information on Filing a Complaint with the WV DEP Office of Oil & Gas or the EPA
- Why an old well is plugged, not “capped”; and how a well is supposed to be plugged; and why a lot of oversight of well pluggers is needed.
- Latest on leasing, forced pooling, amendments/ratifications and cotenancy
- How a Gas Well Is Drilled Down Into the Ground, and What Can Go Wrong
- What a depleted oil or gas well should look like after it is plugged
- Lawyers, experts and water testers for surface owners
- State Office of Oil and Gas
- Information on the Marcellus Shale
- More Helpful Links and How To Find Information On Particular Gas Wells
- Marcellus Shale Play well examples
- Photo slide show for drilling of small shallow well.
- Bad Examples!
- Surface Owner Stories