They are drilling or going to drill a well on my land. I want to have it re-seeded with vegetation I want, not the fescue etc. that is in the State’s soil erosion and sediment control manual. What can I do?

If you want re-vegetation with seeds other than that at page 32 of the State’s Soil Erosion and Sediment Control Field Manual (which some farmers say is not all that beneficial and maybe even not good for some stock), then work on your driller before,during or after the comment period to use seed mixtures you get from your local soil conservation district, or seed mixtures etc. provided in Enhancing  Wildlife Habitat on Oil and Gas Infrastructure which is recognized by the Field Manual on page 31, or if you want native seedings, seed mixtures in the  Upper Elk River Watershed study of the West Virginia Division of Forestry.

Mar 26 2017  Updates and Alerts
Forced Pooling, Land Reunion Bills Advancing
Feb 8 2017  Newsletter
Surface Owners’ News – Winter 2017
Dec 11 2016  Blog
WVSORO 2017 Legislative Proposals
Dec 9 2016  Blog
The West Virginia Land Reunion Song
WV Surface Owners' Rights Organization © 2016 Frontier Theme

Send this to a friend